Finding the ideal gift for everyone on your list is easier said than done especially when you are looking for the best gifts for men. It makes you wonder, do I get him a tie? Socks? Batteries? If you want to avoid the phony smile that gifts like that bring, you need to have a collection of men’s gifts that are unique as the recipient.
Let’s face it; there is every reason in the world to shop online. The bargains are there, the selection is mind-boggling, shopping is secure, shipping is fast, and still returns are easy with the right retailers. Shopping has never been easier and more convenient for consumers. So here are some online shopping ideas for men to help you while shopping online, you never know you may fall in love with online shopping and make it one of your New Year Resolutions:
- For the biggest selections and the greatest deals, start your online shopping on Wednesday. Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are the most popular days for retailers to roll out sales and discount codes. For online shopping ideas for men, this is one of the ideal tips to keep in mind.
- Request for discounts directly. When you see one of those little dialogue boxes asking if you would like to chat with someone at the company, don’t close it. Say hello and ask if they have any [easyazon_link identifier=”B014PJ42Y6″ locale=”US” tag=”montahme09-20″]promotion codes[/easyazon_link] they can share with you. Often, they have access to deals that you might not find anywhere else.You can also email or call customer service instead of chatting. Many brands are much more responsive through social media than they are through other modes of communication.
- Make a shopping list and then use collective shopping sites to search for the specific items you want in the sizes, colors and prices you need and can afford. You may even find that multiple sites are selling the same item at different prices. This is one of the best online shopping ideas for men as it helps you to save and at the same time shop within your budget.
- Use size filters to spare yourself the pain of seeing an item you love only to realize that it is not available in your size. This is a useful [easyazon_link identifier=”0865717907″ locale=”US” tag=”montahme09-20″]online shopping idea[/easyazon_link] for men especially if you need something right away for a specific event and can’t wait for the store to restock.
- Stick to sites that offer free shipping both ways and buy extras. This is one of the greatest online shopping ideas for men. You can buy the same piece in multiple sizes to ensure that you get an optimal fit. You will have to return the stuff you don’t want to keep, but often you can return items bought online directly to the store if it is more convenient than dealing with shipping. Just make sure you read the return policies carefully before making your purchase.
- If you’re diligent about paying off your credit card bill each month, it’s better to use a credit card over a debit card when shopping online. It takes a lot less time to refund a credit card than a debit card.
- If you are not sure about an item put it in your cart and leave the site without completing the purchase. Sometimes brands will reach out to you with a special discount. Just make sure you have an account set up with them before you close out. If you start your checkout as a “guest” instead of registering, then they won’t know who you are or how to get in touch with you. Also, make sure you click the “OK to contact me about sales and special offers” option when you register.
- When shopping online, use the filler item finder to reach all-important minimum amount needed for free shipping. Just type in the amount needed to reach the minimum free shipping amount and the filler finder will produce a list of items around that amount for you to choose from.
- Get sale updates on the items you like, but are unsure you want to buy. This works great on aggregate sites and one-stop retailers because they give you updates on when the items go on sale.
- Score a deal even when items aren’t on sale by buying discounted gift cards online and using them to pay for the items you like on the websites. Some sites buy gift cards for a fraction of their actual value and then sell them at a discount. So let’s say someone has a $20 gift card that they don’t want. They sell it for $15 and then turn around and sell it to you for $17. Now you’ve got $20 to spend, but you only paid $17 for it. That’s a savings of 15 percent. Yes, it is sort of a lot of work for a measly $3, but if you’re buying a lot of stuff, those discounts can really add up. It can take a little time to actually get the gift cards, though, so plan your shopping accordingly.
- Don’t believe the sale hype. This is a crucial tip for [easyazon_link identifier=”B00Y573XEY” locale=”US” tag=”montahme09-20″]online shopping[/easyazon_link] ideas for men. Sometimes sites will inflate the starting price of an item to make it look like you are saving more money than you really are, so it’s up to you to do your due diligence and make sure the prices you are being given are accurate. Just put the item you’re interested in into your cart so you don’t lose it, and then do a quick Google search for the designer’s name and the type of product you are shopping for. You may find that the amazing deal you thought you were getting isn’t actually so great after all. You may even find that same item for less.
- Pay close attention to the stats of the model online, especially if you are more on the petite side. A crop top that exposes 6 inches of stomach on a model who is 5-foot-10, might feel intimidatingly naked at first, but, depending on how tall you are, you may find that your midriff is barely exposed at all. Similarly, a midi skirt on the model will probably end up looking more like a maxi on you if you are only 5-foot-2. This online shopping idea for men is so informative because it helps you in picking out items for different fittings.
- Clean up your email inbox so you only get alerts from the sites and brands you actually care about. Unroll lets you see all your email subscriptions at once and easily unsubscribe from all the junk that is clogging your inbox. Then it sends you monthly updates letting you know if your account has been added to other email lists so you can unsubscribe from them as well. This
- Set up a filter to move all your shopping-related emails into a specific folder after email clean up. That way you only have to look at them when you want to.
- Sign up for rewards and insider programs wherever you shop. The benefits vary from brand to brand and site to site, but can range from special members-only discounts to advance previews and special sales — especially useful on flash sites where checking out a sale 15 minutes before the rest of the world can mean the difference between getting the item you want and walking away empty-handed.
- Follow your favorite brands on social media for access to special discounts not advertised elsewhere. Often brands will roll out special deals exclusively through Twitter or Facebook.
- Promote brands through social media to get discounts and then delete the evidence. If a brand offers you free shipping or 10 percent off to like them on Facebook, you’d be crazy not to do it. Once you have the discount code, you can go back into your social account and delete the marketing from your feed without invalidating the discount.
- Set alarms on your phone to remind yourself about upcoming sales. This is particularly useful when you are shopping on flash sale sites where time and quantities are so limited. This is a handy [easyazon_link identifier=”B00USSCVTC” locale=”US” tag=”montahme09-20″]online shopping[/easyazon_link] idea for men who are forgetful so that they can never miss out on anything.
- Use the wait-list function when the items you like are not available in your size. If enough people express interest in a particular item, brands will often reorder it and give you a heads up when it becomes available, so you won’t be left out again.
- Prioritize one stop online sites. For sites which source multiple brands and sell everything from clothes and shoes to jewelry and lingerie, buying and returning is so much easier when you are just dealing with a one stop shop. You must keep in mind this tip for is one of the best online shopping ideas for men.
- Shop through rewards sites to earn points and get cash back on purchases you were planning to make anyway. Most credit cards only offer 1 to 2 percent cash back on purchases.
- Download free widget for instant access to coupons, product reviews and to compare prices across the Internet. Once downloaded, a yellow bar will automatically pop up whenever you are shopping online and alert you to coupons and product reviews for the site or product you are looking at. It will also help you compare prices across the Internet to ensure that you are getting the best deals possible. It is better for tech and consumer goods than fashion and accessories, but it is minimally intrusive, so it’s worth downloading no matter what form your online shopping takes.
- Read community reviews of specific products for fit details and styling inspiration.
Some sites, allow users to review their products online and upload photos of them wearing the garments. All you have to do is click on the item you are interested in and scroll down. This is a practical tip as an online shopping idea for men as they get to see how the item really works before purchasing it.
- Only buy final-sale items from brands you know and trust to deliver high-quality items in consistent sizes. If you still end up not really liking it, you can always try reselling it on other sites. This is an essential tip as [easyazon_link identifier=”B00E8FNRBC” locale=”US” tag=”montahme09-20″]online shopping ideas for men[/easyazon_link]. Just make sure you leave the tags on as people tend to pay more for second hand items that are NWT (New With Tags).